Considering Home Education?
Do you desire to pass on to your children your personal beliefs and biblical worldview? Are you concerned about the physical and social environment in the classroom? Would you like to enhance family relationships? Do you desire your children to excel academically? If you answered yes to any of these questions, home education may be for you. However, a “yes” to any of those questions may bring more questions to mind, such as: Is it even legal? Can I really teach my child? Where do I find curriculum? How much time does it take? What if I have more than one grade level? What about special needs? Oh yes, and what about socialization? You can get answers to these questions and others by joining Grace Home Educators (GHE)
Who We Are
Grace Home Educators is a church-based network of home educating families. We seek to support and encourage one another as each family disciples and educates their children at home. As a group of home educating parents, we understand that God has designed the family as one of the means of training and educating children. We take seriously this responsibility to direct the education of our children in a manner consistent with our religious beliefs and individual needs. We enjoy the blessing of spending time with our children and training them in such a way that we can bring God into every lesson.
“And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.”
What We Do
- GHE sends out a monthly newsletter that contains a calendar of events, encouraging articles, and details about field trips and other opportunities.
- Once or twice a week we send out via e-mail updates, reminders, and other time sensitive information.
Support & Encouragement
Moms’ Night Out
- The purpose of these monthly home meetings is to fulfill the exhortation of Hebrews 10:24. Attendees can expect an evening of warm encouragement, helpful information, and fun fellowship with moms—both young and more experienced—who are dealing with situations similar to yours.
- For those first-time home educators or others who are interested, GHE will work to pair you up with an experienced home-educating family.
Shared Learning Experiences
- Throughout the year there are many opportunities for shared learning experiences. These are set up by different members of the group and include a Fall Festival, Friday gym time, and numerous field trips.